[P1] sbc yahoo dsl

Scott Warren sw at shelton.org
Thu Jan 22 10:16:25 PST 2004

Surely that is not a list of why Earthlink is  better than someone
else???  I can not see anything on that list that justifies $1 more
than then Yahoo/DSL

<see comments below>

On Jan 22, 2004, at 11:15 AM, Jim Shimozawa wrote:

> I tried, but could not get what I wanted - a lower rate.
> Maybe I should keep asking periodically. Sometimes it pays to be
> persistent.
> Anyway, here's Earthlink's reply.
>

> We understand that you want us to lower the DSL price.
>
> Earthlink always tries its hardest to provide a high quality service
> with award winning support. However, EarthLink cannot match or honor
> any deals or promotions offered by competitors.
>
> EarthLink DSL service includes:
> Unlimited High-Speed Internet access
> Downstream speed: Up to 1.5Mbps*
> Upstream speed: Up to 128kbps*
> Free ZoneAlarm personal firewall software
*** Do they mean the FREE PC version of zonealarm that anyone can
download from the zonealarm website? Zonealarm does not have a Mac
version...

> 8 email accounts
> 10 MB of personal Web space for your homepage per email account
> Dynamic IP addressing for added security
*** Not is you have a router that keeps your connection alive...  the
added security it that your IP might change, but it changes when you
are not connected and the DSL Router/Hubs hold on to the same IP
address (that they got thru dhcp)