[P1] Carpal Syndrome...

Harry D. Corsover harry at corsazzi.com
Tue Jan 27 19:22:25 PST 2004

On Jan 27, 2004, at 6:14 PM, patdart wrote:

> I have a serious case of Carpal  Tunnel Syndrome and I'm told it's
> because I hold my wrists up while I type on my portables...my iBook
> and my TiBook...so, I guess I need a keyboard which will allow my
> wrists to bend down in typing.  What keyboards do you recommend?  I'd
> love a small, light one which I could carry when I travel, but maybe
> if I use one all the time at home, I'd be able to use the keyboard at
> home...
>
> suggestions?

I'll echo the suggestion of a Cool Pad, with the front higher than the
back. Chair height and body position are also quite important. My wife
has Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, and her boss had an ergonomics expert come
in to watch her, make suggestions, and set up a better workstation
position (which included a foot rest -- it's interesting what comes
into play).

Given how serious this condition can be (nerve damage and circulation
problems) I'd say that it's well worth spending the money on a good
consultant and the right items to help you with this. You may also want
to try out some different keyboards to make sure you're comfortable
with them. "Ergonomic" keyboards, for instance, don't feel right to
everyone, and those split keyboards take some getting used to.

Regards,

Harry Corsover

     Harry Corsover, Independent Business Owner
	CyberWize: The Home Business Solution
	Amazing Travel * Health * Tax Benefits
            <http://www.hc.cyberwize.com>
       <harry at corsazzi.com> * 877-507-9562