[P1] iBook Logic Board Repair Extension Program

Charles Pearce charlesp at ksu.edu
Fri Jan 30 05:44:54 PST 2004

On Jan 29, 2004, at 9:56 PM, Pam Sorooshian wrote:

> On Jan 29, 2004, at 7:49 PM, Gary Archer wrote:
>
>> I think he may have been implying that the G4 iBook's were announced.
>> For example, my G4 iBook has a serial number of UV345G8QE4.  It
>> sounds like
>> you have a G4 vs a G3??
>
> Mine is a G3 900 MHz, not a G4. My serial number is UV3323YRPBM
>
> So my question is whether or not something changed in the G3 ibooks in
> April - so that the ones with the later serial numbers would be
> excluded from the repair extension... why would that be?

Perhaps it is as simple as the fact that iBooks purchased after April
are still under warranty? Granted, what Apple is offering is an
extended warranty to machines within that serial number range, but only
on the logic boards exhibiting specific problems. Maybe Apple will
offer the same thing to G3 iBook owners after their warranties expire,
if the logic boards keep dying?

Charles Pearce <charlesp at ksu.edu>