Port Lubrication--Pros and Cons?

Stephen Mackenzie stephen.mackenzie at connectfree.co.uk
Sat Jan 31 09:28:40 PST 2004

I just got an oldish iBook (500MHz 2xUSB). Yes, it has a squeaky hinge
but everything works for now... But every day I'm plugging in the modem
cable, power cable and USB things--and unplugging them again. This is
going to continue because it is a portable and I intend to use it that
way.

Does the list have any thoughts on whether it would be a good idea to
lubricate the machine's sockets to reduce wear, and if so, what
non-smelly, non-conductive substance would work the best?

SM.