[P1] quicktime problem

Brian Olesky brian4 at sbcglobal.net
Sun Jul 25 10:06:51 PDT 2004

On 7/25/04 10:28 AM, "Bob Gir." <bobgir at earthlink.net> wrote:

> Have you found anything better than VLC???

Yes, MPlayer OSX 2. I find it plays a lot of files that QuickTime or VLC
won't. And it's also free. I read about it on this list a year or so ago,
downloaded it, and whenever I have trouble with a file using QuickTime, I go
to MPlayer OSX 2 and it usually solves the problem. I've tried VLC, and
occasionally it will play a file the other two can't, but it's only happened
once or twice for me. When I have a problem file, more often than not, the
only one that will play it is MPlayer OSX 2.

But I have my own QuickTime question, which came up a few weeks ago in
another thread, but there never was an answer. How come some large files,
when played back in QuickTime, only play back a small portion. But when I
open those files in MPlayer OSX 2 I get the entire file?

Brian