iBook as iPod

Dave Wyman davewyman at imountainman.com
Mon Jul 26 00:17:08 PDT 2004

Does anyone use their iBook in their auto as an mp3 player, and if so,
how do you input the music to your car's speakers? And/or how do you
support your iBook in your car?

Of course, using a iPod would be easier, but when I'm on the go and I
have to have my iBook with me, the iPod is a superfluous item.

I connect with a Sony tape adapter - plugs into my tape deck in my car.
I also have an FM transmitter but I find it doesn't work nearly as well
as the tape adapter.

Whatever I use, I discovered that my speakers in my 1995 Ford Aerostar
don't do justice to the music - on my last extended drive, I hooked a
couple of  portable stereo speakers up to my inverter (my iBook is
hooked up to the inverter, too) and put the speakers up on either end
of the dashboard. I think if I could use my little computer speakers -
with the woofer tucked somewhere under the dash - the sound would be
pretty cool.

The iBook itself sat on the lap of my passenger - he played DJ. I've
thought about installing a small shelf, which I've seen friends do on
their own vans, to hold their computers, which they typically use as
GPS devices. But for now, when I'm by myself the iBook sits on the
seat. I just hit Shuffle on iTunes and enjoy the music.

Dave
--
http://www.davewyman.com
http://www.idrivebackroads.com (Guidebook to Northern California)

This mail is a natural product. The slight variations in spelling and
grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are
to be considered flaws or defects.