[P1] iBook as iPod

Dan Farley danfarley at mac.com
Mon Jul 26 06:25:07 PDT 2004

> Does anyone use their iBook in their auto as an mp3 player, and if so,
> how do you input the music to your car's speakers? And/or how do you
> support your iBook in your car?

Yes - all the time!

I have an auto/airline adaptor for power. I was able to install RCA jacks to
the back of my OEM stereo by getting a kit from rca.com. Far superior to fm
transmitters. I connect the RCAs to the ibook with a cable from radio shack.
My I book fits securely on my center console and can be angled towards me if
I want to access it. In general, I don't mess with it while driving. Volume
is controlled by the car stereo system. This also works great for playing
DVDs for my 6 year old daughter while on trips in the back seat.

I leave all the adaptors and cables in place and hidden except for what's
needed to plug in to the iBook.

My i book always arrives charged and ready for work when I get out of the
car.

A used iBook is almost as much cheap as an iPod - why not!

Any good GPS solutions out there??