Prolonging Battery LIfe

Bob Gir. bobgir at earthlink.net
Tue Jun 22 12:16:21 PDT 2004

>> I normally let my iBook 700/640/CD run unplugged until I see a warning
>> message.
>> Then I charge it until it's 99% charged, and I unplug again.
>
> I have heard this before, but I have *NEVER* seen a warning message on my
> ibook, it always gotes to sleep and never wakes up until I plug it in.
> This has been both in Panther and Jaguar. Is there some seeting somewhere
> that I have missed regarding this warning message? Or is it very subtle or
> I am too clueless to see it?

    My iBook experience is very limited.  I got my...

********
Dual-USB, 500MHz G3 12" iBook
640MB of RAM
10Gb IDE Hard Drive
OS 10.3.2
********
AirPort Base Station M5757 (Graphite)
AirPort Card 8.2011
*******
Linksys BEFSR41 Router, v.3; firmware version 1.04.8
******

    ...from my father-in-law early this year.  It was two years old.  The
battery would not last longer than about 90 minutes and I never got the
warning.

    Got a new battery, and the warnings started appearing.

    YMMV

     bob