[P1] Verizon DSL with Linksys Wireless Router

Scott Warren sw at shelton.org
Mon Mar 8 06:34:38 PST 2004

> This " no Mac support " comes from Linksys. I don't know what they
> think the problem is though.

I think when they say No Mac Support, it all started with the software
they send out bundled with their routers as they send only Windows CDs.
  Their "support scripts" thus do not have "Mac" on them and the "Script
Readers" that answer the phones can not support Mac.

Last Thursday I bought a Linksys G Wireless router and got it up and
running on my Verizon DSL with in 5 minutes.  Saturday Morning Verizon
decided to have network problems which made me recheck the router
settings but it was fine.  I was able to use my iBook wireless
instantly with out problem, then ethernet cabled in and it was still
happy.
The cool thing I took a Wireless Access Point (Netgear's me102),
plugged it into its own hub, and that made the hub "Wireless" so I
could sit in the living room with a computer that did not have
wireless.  So there was Netgear wireless with Linksys and iBook and a
3com nic on a windows machine.  I should have turned on the linux box
and called into tech support to really drive them wild...