[P1] iBook decision - 900MHz G3 vs. current models?

gwallace gwallace at gwi.net
Fri Mar 12 00:17:12 PST 2004

On Mar 11, 2004, at 8:30 PM, mglists at ca.inter.net wrote:

> My question is, would there be enough of a performance
> improvement/feature set in the G4
> iBook to
> justify spending the extra cash? I've been told that the G3/900,
> because of its larger L2
> cache, turns in
> a sufficiently powerful performance that the extra money for the G4
> iBook isn't really
> worth spending.

In my opinion, the G4 performance is well worth the extra money.  At
work, I regularly wanted to throw my G3/800 iBook (with an added 512 of
memory) out the window, while the G4 with no extra memory only annoys
me when it has kernal panics.  And I'm used to using a relatively slow
Titanium/400 at home.