[P1] OT: Setting up Public Wi-Fi

Pam Sorooshian pamsoroosh at earthlink.net
Fri Mar 12 12:50:42 PST 2004

On Mar 12, 2004, at 12:14 PM, Harry D. Corsover wrote:

>> Let's change it to something more realistic.

For me, the way it works is that I sit down on the bus across from
someone reading a newspaper and, because my eyes are open, I
automatically read the headlines on the page facing me. I can't "not"
read it unless I sit down with my eyes closed or am, by luck, looking a
different direction.

But, I guess what you all are talking about goes a step farther.

Is it wrong of me to read a whole article on the back of his newspaper?
He doesn't even know I'm doing it and it doesn't stop him from reading
what he's reading. I can't complain if he closes the paper and gets off
the bus, of course, taking his paper with him, but the question under
discussion boils down to what's the harm in me reading the back of the
paper which he is holding up in front of my eyes, right?

And, the additional question, I suppose, is what's the harm if some
people go around looking for people holding up newspapers so they can
read the backs of them? <G>

-pam
National Home Education Network
<www.NHEN.org>
Serving the entire homeschooling community since 1999
through information, networking and public relations.