[P1] iBook Dilemma

Larry Zasitko l.zasitko at sasktel.net
Wed Mar 17 21:29:22 PST 2004

May,

I have a Graphite Clamshell SE 366mhz, 6gig HD 576meg ram and in some
ways my dilemma is similar to yours. I would like to upgrade to
something newer and faster and I am leaning towards a Powerbook 15"
1.25ghz and superdrive, very nice computer but yes a big difference in
price between my clamshell that I bought used. I will not get rid of
the clamshell but will use it for itunes and some internet. The
powerbook will become my main computer, mostly for cadd (archicad and
vectorworks).

Only you can decide how much you are willing to spend, but go for the
fastest/largest ram/and a large hd. If you don't need the dvd then
don't. I will use it so will get it. I also have thought about getting
a dvd burner for data, 4.some gig on a dvd vs 700meg on a cdrw. Make a
change in how things are stored and maybe a little less clutter :-)

I thought about the 17" but that seems so much bigger than the 15 as
well as another $600 here in Canada.

Good luck with whatever you decide to go with iBooks and powerBooks are
both great