[P1] iBook Dilemma

Larry Zasitko l.zasitko at sasktel.net
Thu Mar 18 07:15:35 PST 2004

Still like the clamshell a very rugged computer and looks cool to boot.
You are right in that I too find typing on this is very nice, keyboard
took a bit of getting used to but the wrist rest are good and with the
slight curve comfortable. Not sure how rugged the new iBooks and
powerBooks are in comparison. Mine is going on five years old and is
still in great shape.

I took the screen apart and took out the metalic tape that is behind
the logo so now mine glows also :-) if you want there are a couple
pictures at www.ibook.homestead.com I have been talking to another guy
that bought a 466mhz clamshell and he is talking about replacing the
screen with one from a new iBook or powerBook that is higher res, he
has talked to the Apple techs and they said it can be done, the video
card will support higher res and power etc is right. Will see if he
does it.

Larry