Help! Plugging in power adapter shuts off my iBook

Potuncle potuncle at enjoyingeugene.com
Sun Mar 28 10:25:27 PST 2004

I've got a 12" 800Mhz iBook (16MB VRAM) that has been working fine for
quite a while. Now, whenever I plug the power adapter into my iBook, my
iBook shuts off. Most of the time, in order to restart I must remove and
replace the battery. Then the time/date is set back to 1969.

I have tried resetting PRAM and PMU without success. Searching around on
the Internet it looks like replacing the DC Power Board may resolve my
problem. Fortunately, these sell for less that $50 on eBay.

Anybody have any other suggestions on what may be causing this problem and
how to fix it? Am I right in thinking the DC Power Board is to blame?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Jason