[P1] Old G3 to new iBook G4

larry Zasitko l.zasitko at sasktel.net
Sun May 2 20:45:32 PDT 2004

Hi,

I just went through a similar thing... iBook Graphite SE Clamshell
366mhz, 576meg ram to my new toy, a G4 1.33ghz PowerBook, 768meg ram
superdrive etc. basically the very latest PowerBook 12" that you can
get.

I was trying to figure out how to transfer from the old iBook (no
firewire, no burner etc) and in the end used the digital cameras 512meg
card to copy files.

Not sure why the Powerbooks do not get Appleworks, just a crippled test
version of Microtrash Office.

New iPhoto would not open a copied directory, in the end I copied to
the digitals card and imported from there, fast and easy (fast as in
usb) I even copied over Appleworks to the PowerBook and that also
worked great.

I also have latest version of Virtual PC and installed Win2000 and
Autocad 2000. Quite surprised at the speed of Autocad running in VPC,

Larry Zasitko
Graphite Clamshell SE iBook 366mhz 576meg ram
12" PowerBook G4 1.33ghz, 768meg ram, 60gig hd, 64meg video, airport
extreme, superdrive
Newton OMP, 110, 120, 2100 + eMate