[P1] Panther printing

Brian Pearce bpearce at cloud9.net
Tue May 4 08:33:11 PDT 2004

> Another thing, I thought that GIMP Print would allow a Macintosh print
> from nearly any computer that the iBook is attached to. I tried that
> but can't seem to get it to work.

If I understand you correctly, I think what you'll want to do is turn
on Printer Sharing under System Preferences-->Sharing-->Printer
Sharing. That allows you to share the Printers a computer is connected
to over a network; I used to do this wirelessly with my iMac and iBook,
but the iMac had to be active for it to work (which meant going
downstairs and waking it from sleep mode), so I bought a dedicated
device (one that allowed my wife's PC access, as well), instead.

BRIAN/bpearce at cloud9.net