[P1] external monitor with closed lid on ibook G3

Brian Pearce bpearce at cloud9.net
Thu May 6 08:40:40 PDT 2004

> So if I wanted to run it via an external monitor for extended periods,
> I could use that hack to get the LCD screen switched off.

Actually, I'm not sure about that, but you could probably just turn
down the brightness on the screen.

> If I still leave the book open that should be ok I guess. Do you know
> the source of the hack. Would this be available for System 9 and 10?

It would certainly be better than operating with it closed. I'm not
sure where to find the software, but someone here should be able to
point you in the right direction, as the subject comes up fairly
frequently.

BRIAN/bpearce at cloud9.net
http://www.redjacketpress.com