[P1] osx, admin passwrd?

Eric Richardson lbyron at comcast.net
Mon May 10 06:43:31 PDT 2004

>If you have the original system CDs that came with the computer, you
>can boot from the CD and change the administrative password (without
>needing to know the original one).  But I agree that you probably
>don't need to install the camera software.
>
>On May 8, 2004, at 6:40 PM, Jill Whenmouth wrote:
>
>>She hasn't a clue as to what the admin password would be.

BTW, most of the time, on an iBook that wasn't specifically set up to
allow other users, your password for admin privileges is
automatically set as the password for the User Name (the only name)
in your home directory and which you many times have to use to access
the computer on start up, ie, the sign in screen.

Eric