[P1] scanner advice

Chris Hood 3amdesigns at cox.net
Fri May 14 07:30:27 PDT 2004

Another thing to consider (if you're buying your camera from a brick
and mortar store) would be to ask your salesman if you can bring in
your laptop just to test things out.

I've never run into a salesperson yet that has had a problem with it.
Usually I'll get some line about drivers this and software that, but
after explaining that I'm on a Mac and just want to see if it'll work
they're OK with it. Of course probably while I'm en route to get my
book, they're reading the box to check compatibility and saying nasty
stuff about Macs, but it's always amusing to see their reactions when I
plug it in and everything works perfectly.

> Then if the camera does not plug in directly, you can get a memory
> card reader that will read it for you.... plus removable memory cards
> are SOOO much easier to upgrade your "16 meg" camera to "512 Megs"
> after visiting that memory sale!!

Removable memory cards are a definite must have!

chris