[P1] scanner advice

Larry Kollar kollar at alltel.net
Sat May 15 06:11:10 PDT 2004

> I haven't done any OCR for quite a long time, since my experience with
> several programs I've tried has been less than positive, to say the
> least).

OCR is better than it used to be. The trick is to bring in your text at
maximum possible resolution and then load it up in Text Editor to see
where it messed up (look for red squiggles). I can't remember the name
of the OCR software that came with our HP scanner (I also forget the
model number, but it's the one you can stand up on one side & use that
way if you like, and it has a slide scanner attachment). We got it at
the Apple Store.

--
Larry Kollar    k  o  l  l  a  r  @  a  l  l  t  e  l  .  n  e  t
"The hardest part of all this is the part that requires thinking."