VPC5 install problems on my iBook

Eric Richardson lbyron at comcast.net
Sat May 15 07:05:35 PDT 2004

I am trying to start VPC 5 with Windows XP on my 1 GHz iBook G4 with
640 MB. It took over three hours to get to the start up screen. Other
people report similar sluggish behavior under Panther, but some have
said it gets much better after it first starts up and gets even
better after they apply the updater to 5.0.4. I got to the place
where the program asked for my serial number for Windows XP and the
weirdest thing has happened. I can't enter the SN because the program
won't recognize the 1, 5 or 0 keys! For instance the SN begins
VPM5-4810 and I can enter the VPM and the 48 but nothing I do will
allow the numbers 1, 5 and 0 to be entered. I even tried typing VPM5
into TextEdit and cutting and pasting it to the field on the
authentication screen. It would paste the VPM but not the 5.

Is that weird or what?

Has anyone else ever had that experience? Does anyone have any suggestions?

Also I tried to find Connectix, they appear to have gone away all
together. And Microsoft doesn't appear to support v5 even to the
point where they don't post the updater to 5.0.4 that Connectix put
out. Does anyone know where to find the updater for 5.0.4?

Thanks.

Eric