scanner advice needed

Pam Sorooshian pamsoroosh at earthlink.net
Sun May 16 01:37:15 PDT 2004

I need to buy a scanner right away. I looked at the apple website
because I thought they'd list ones that are at least compatible with
macs and they do have some third-party scanners listed there.

My price range is a maximum of $200, but preferably less.

The Epson's in that price range just say they support macs, no details.
Other brands do not say they support Panther.

I do not have the expertise nor the time to spend trying to fool with
drivers and permissions and all that - I don't understand it very well
and I need to do a whole BUNCH of scanning of photographs in the next
week or so.

Anybody know if there a scanner in that price range that will do a good
job on photos and that I can just connect quickly to my Ibook and go to
work?

-pam sorooshian