[P1] Suremail Permission Based System responses

malcolm cornelius Malcolm at fireflyuk.net
Tue May 18 05:46:27 PDT 2004

They are not talking about your posting to the list - of course that works - how could they stop it ? They are talking about your posting being fwded to the protected user - support@ whatever it was.

>  That fact in itself is enough to let one smell a rat, I think. And my
>  guess is that they harvest email addresses for spam purposes precisely
>  in that way. They don't do it openly off the postings on the list, but
>  if you register with them I bet there is a little clause somewhere in
>  the small print that allows them to sell off your address to spammers.

That's not the way I read it as I have explained.

I have used a system like this - my real account only recieved email from addresses I authorised or white listed unless the sender sent a second mail to the intecepting email server.

That's what I think this is.

Malcolm