[P1] iBook hard drive replacement

Tom R. no spam tr5374 at csc.albany.edu
Tue May 18 13:35:31 PDT 2004

I don't know, but based on your description, my own
suggestion would be first to quickly buy an external firewire
harddrive, install OS on it so you can boot from it,  and
backup everything on your present harddrive.

HTH.  Odd I myself have seen few complaints about IBM Travelstars,
& I've seen lots of good comments.

On Tue, 18 May 2004, Reid Conti wrote:

> My snow (dual USB) 12" 600mhz ibook has had a failing drive for some
> time ... Damn IBM travelstars!
>
> Had the click of death, so a few times I woke up in the morning and the
> thing was going nuts and hard crashed...
>
> lately, it's gotten worse.  While running safari, mostly, the hard
> drive will make loud metallic clicking noises (definitely not good!)
> and the whole system locks up.. also, sometimes when I wake up in the
> AM, it's hung.
 . . .