help! iChat AV problems

Paul Bernhardt pbern10 at xmission.com
Tue May 18 11:55:38 PDT 2004

I've got iChat AV problems.

My Dad's computer can do text iChat/AIM just fine. But, whenever he and
I try to do a video chat there is a lack of handshaking of some kind.
His computer will put up the accept the chat dialog, but when he
accepts it he gets a message that says I am not responding. Similar
behavior if he tries to initiate the video chat.

Any clue what could be going on? How to fix?

Systems: His end: eMac, iSight camera, OS 10.3.3 with latest updates.
My end: iBook G4, iSight camera, OS 10.3.3 with latest updates.

Paul