My Laptops, slightly OT (was Re: [P1] iBook Repair, Again, and Again and Again!)

David Harris dmichaelharris at earthlink.net
Sat May 29 10:38:14 PDT 2004

On May 29, 2004, at 9:05 AM, albookuser at Phreaker.net wrote:

> And to characterize the G3 iBook as sensitive either ignores or reveals
> ignorance about the state of consumer notebooks in the PC world. Grab a
> consumer Compaq or Dell notebook and use it for a week - then you'll
> know
> what a sensitive piece of equipment it. Every notebook should be
> treated
> with care, but I've found the iBook to be among the most sturdy of
> notebooks.
>
> david

Hi:

I also own a Dell laptop and have no complaints about it.  I just
prefer to work with my iBook for most things.  I keep them, the iBook
and the Dell, both away and treat them like they were made of glass.  I
can't comment on the G3 durability with the comments that I have read
on this site or Apple's expansion of the Logic Board failure to include
what seems to be the last batch of G3 iBooks.

Forgive me if I seem ignorant.  But to discuss the shortcomings of the
G3 iBook is a sore point with many people.  If I may add, the
difference in your explanation of Apple's handling of your G4's problem
and the current G3 issue is that G4s are still being produced by Apple.
  Apple response with respect to the G3 occurred while the G3 was being
phased out.

David