[iBook] re: iBook can't run "Classic" programs

Michaelj mjm1n at cox.net
Wed Nov 10 18:38:24 PST 2004

Tried to repair permissions and completed successfully, still can't run
Classic.  Also tried to start classic in system preferences with extensions
off to no avail.

Then we tried to verify and repair the volume after booting to OS X install
disk, and the repair button is disabled even after starting from CD.

This is the error I get:   "There is a problem updating the Classic-specific
files."  below that it says:  "Classic was unable to update it's files in
"system folder" on "20gig HD"

I really don't want to erase the volume and reinstall everything, but really
need to solve this problem.  I started with installing OS 9.2.2, then
updated OS X 10.3.6 and if a program isn't OS X compatible will not run.
Another words I can boot to either OS, both installed.

Anyone else have any ideas on this?
Thanks   Mike   mjm1n at cox.net