[ibook] 2 button bluetooth mouse?

Tom Legare Tom.Legare at comcast.net
Fri Nov 19 13:20:30 PST 2004

It took me a while to reply to this one since I started the thread.

I found the mouse you described below.... at least I think it is the
same one.  But it is Targus part number AMB01US.  It is a laptop two
button bluetooth mouse with a scroll wheel for $80.  My local Best Buy
didn't sell any Bluetooth mice, but this one I found at Comp USA.  I
found I have to tap a button to get it to kick in when I first turn it
on.  Also, it automatically goes to sleep after 20 minutes of
inactivity to save batteries, so I assume I will again have to click a
mouse button to turn it back on.

It is 800dpi, so I had to turn down the sensitivity on my Mouse System
Preference panel :)

I'm really happy with it.  I have always been annoyed with both USB
ports being on the left of my iBook while I am right handed.  The mouse
cord has always been a problem when working on my lap, which is most of
the time.  I tried some of the wireless optical mice in the past that
are non-bluetooth, and this one seems MUCH better, most notably in the
range.

The only disadvantage is that the bluetooth dongle sticks out the USB
port.  Oh well... next ibook will have it built in :)

Tom

The package only includes Windows drivers, but I plugged it into my
iBook 500 and it worked perfectly right away.