[iBook] iBook] Re: Audio input on Graphite 366/SE

lawrence pasciutti lpasciutti at mac.com
Fri Nov 12 13:51:57 PST 2004

I have a 466MHz Clamshell iBook and the Griffin iMic USB dongle you
speak of.  It will let you use a mic with the iBook, but I'm pretty
sure you need at least a 600MHz G3 to use iChat AV (i.e. audio or video
Chat).  If I'm wrong, I'd sure like to know.  I know someone who would
be ecstatic to know they could use iChat AV for audio chat on a 500MHz
G3 iMac.
Dave.

I am using a dual usb 500 mz ibook to ichat audio with another ibook
with g4 1.2 gz . However both are using Panther 10.3
it does not work with Jaguar. you need 600 mz to video chat
Larry