[iBook] G4 PB or iBook?

CJ mac2999 at mymacmail.com
Sat Nov 13 19:16:56 PST 2004

The iBook 12" specs (http://www.apple.com/ibook/specs.html) are here. It has
a G4 @ 1.2 GHz with 133 MHz FSB, has a combo (CD-RW/DVD) drive, ATI Radeon
9200 w/ 32 MB VRAM, starts at $999.99, weight of 4.9 LB, and is made of
white plastic.  The PowerBook 12" specs
(http://www.apple.com/powerbook/specs.html) are here.  It has a G4 @ 1.33
GHz with 167 MHz FSB, a combo or super (DVD-R) drive,  NVIDIA Geforce FX
Go5200 w/ 64 MB VRAM, weight of 4.6 LB, an aluminum case and a starting
price of 1599 for the combo or 1799 for the super drive.  My $.02: go with
the iBook.  The difference between the PB and the iBook are too few to
justfy the addtional $600 between them.  That explains why Apple is having a
hard time selling 12" PBs.