[iBook] G4 PB or iBook?

Eric Richardson lbyron at comcast.net
Tue Nov 16 21:27:29 PST 2004

>Hi there, I'm a student looking to shell out a bit to
>replace my trusty, but overworked G3 300mhz clamshell.
>Priority-wise, I'm looking for something with a good
>battery life and lightweight.
>
>Would someone be kind enough to paint a picture of how
>I might choose the Powerbook or the iBook?
>I'm assuming I'd probably be getting the 12" version
>of either model as well in order to maximize battery
>use.
>
>Thanks,
>Al

If no one has told you, yet on the iBook, I have a 12 inch G3 and a
14" G4. Because of the increased size of the G4's battery, I get more
time with it than I do on the 12" G3. I get a little over 3 hours and
a little over 5 hours respectively.

Of course it depends on what you are doing while running on battery,
but just work, no tunes, no heavy computing, no airport, no need to
write or burn cds, and in the shade so I can dim the screen, that is
about what I get.

Eric