[iBook] ram follow up

Brian Olesky brian4 at sbcglobal.net
Thu Nov 18 07:39:10 PST 2004

On 11/18/04 8:33 AM, "david" <davidwb at spymac.com> wrote:

> I buy all my RAM from Crucial - professionally and personally. They aren't
> the cheapest but they are competitive and they have always bent over
> backwards to serve my account well.

Don't rule out buying ram locally. I went into my CompUSA, showed them the
competitive catalog prices and told them they had to match it. They did, but
the interesting part is, I put the chip in right there at the counter...and
it didn't work. They went into the back room, pulled out the exact same
brand, but in a different package (?), I put it in, and...perfect! Ram is
very iffy, and buying locally can save you a lot of wasted time.

Brian