[iBook] New to the list

jack law johnrlawjr at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 3 18:30:43 PDT 2004

Hello,

Yesterday I was given an IBook G3 600 by a very
generous friend.  My experiene with Mac computers is
with much older models:
Umax S900, AIO Biege, and Biege G3.  This is my first
machine with OS X -- version 10.2.8. with 328 memory.
I guess the first thing that I want to do is upgrade
the memory and it seems a good place to buy memory was
mentioned in a previous post.  My first question is
how do you hook an IBook up to a video projector?  Is
it possible? What hardware do you need to buy? Also, I
saw some discussion on the best OS X system to use on
a G3 Ibook.  Any further insights?  My final questions
concern battery life:  How long should I be able to
operate on a fully charged battery?  Does performance
degrade overf time and what effects does operating on
a wireless network have on battery life?
Are there any other Ibook issues that a newbie should
be aware of?

Thanks for any help  that you kind folks can offer.

Jack Law
jlaw51 at verizon.net