[iBook] making a mountable Disk Image of my whole hard drive -- easiest way?

DinkyBlah at aol.com DinkyBlah at aol.com
Tue Oct 12 06:03:56 PDT 2004

Hi,

I need to send my faulty ibook into apple and the firewire port isn't working
to do a target mode copy of important files etc.

What is the easiest way to make a mountable disk image of my whole hard drive?

I tried disk utility but it didn't seem to work.

I'm very new to the whole OS X so any and all help would be greatly
appreciated as
to the easiest way to do this

Also want to make sure if I do make a bootable disk image of my whole hard
drive
will it include all my itunes songs as that is very important to me?

much thanks
Danny