[iBook] making a mountable Disk Image of my whole hard drive -- easiest way?

Robert A. Virzi bob.virzi at verizon.com
Tue Oct 12 07:13:51 PDT 2004

>What is the easiest way to make a mountable disk image of my whole hard drive?

Carbon Copy Cloner should do what you want.  I used to use it for
backups, but it really isn't suited to that task.  However, it does
make very nice, bootable copies of a drive without problems.

For backups I'm using Retrospect right now, which works okay but
seems to occasionally forget it is supposed to be backing up every
night.  Not sure why.  I use that and a once in while snapshot with
CCC as a belt and suspender approach.
		-Bob