[iBook] Slow IBook

Angus Wallace angus.wallace at flinders.edu.au
Tue Oct 19 00:02:30 PDT 2004

Heya,

You *need* at least 256mb RAM to run OSX, but will notice a significant
improvement if you get 512.

Being a unix-based OS, there is essentially no such thing as 'too much' RAM,
because the OS is very good at pre-caching in the RAM. This will help reduce
hard-disk usage, and will greatly improve performance. It's probably the most
effective (and cheap ;-) way to upgrade your system!

HTH,
-Angus