[iBook] What battery life are you getting?

Justin Herald justin.herald at sbcglobal.net
Tue Sep 21 08:28:19 PDT 2004

Jaguar had negative effects on my battery. I was getting about 4 hours
with 10.1 and then when I upgraded to Jaguar that began to reduce
quickly. Using my computer the way I normally do (half brightness, full
proc power) I started getting no more than 45 minutes within a month
after Jag. Then, I bought a new battery thinking that was the only
issure and I never got over 2 hours.  A little while after I upgraded
to Panther, I took my battery back to the Apple Store and they gave me
a G4 iBook's battery. Now with my iBook G3 600 i get 4-5 hours.

It seems like your battery might just be getting old though.

On Sep 21, 2004, at 10:55 AM, Tom Legare wrote:

> Hello Folks,
>
> On my 500MHz iBook running OS X 10.3.5 my battery life is only lasting
> about an hour these days.  When this computer was new, I could get 3.5
> hours in OS9 mode.  Now, it seems to get shorter and shorter with each
> updated version of OS X.
>
> I can push a few extra minutes out of it by keeping the screen dimmer,
> and I already "refreshed" the battery using the NVRAM trick Dan
> mentioned on this list a couple weeks ago.
>
> Is this just normal for an older model iBook running the newer OS?
> Are you getting similar results or have suggestions to bring this
> battery back to life?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Tom

 From the desk of: