[iBook] older ibook help

Sean Weijand sdweijand at shaw.ca
Mon Apr 18 15:06:29 PDT 2005

I have an old HP Laserjet 4mp which works off of an Appletalk serial
port connection so i was screwed when i got my 933 g4 ibook. Because
the printer has always been a rock solid workhorse i got a hold of an
"Asante Micro Asanteprint" eathernet to serial adapter. While it is
recalcitrant once in a while it was indispensible in enabling me to
keep using my existing printer.

You will probably have to try and find one used as i don't think they
are being made any more. Check used Mac shops maybe you can grab one on
the cheap.

good luck

sean