[iBook] Need a workaround for fried USB ports

David Clemons oldbusparts at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 8 06:17:42 PDT 2005

I Have seen motherboards on ebay for less than 100.00. and you can go to the powerbook fix it site.    www.pbfixit.com   It will explane to you step by step to put it in. I just put a different LCD screen on my Ibook 600. Let me know and I could possibly help.

oldbusparts at yahoo.com

Spamnomaam at aol.com wrote:
Have had my beloved iBook G3 Dual usb 500mhz since they first came out in
summer 2001. My 4th and favorite Mac. But the usb ports stopped working after I
plugged in an external numeric keypad while it was on. Coincidence? I don't
know, but I'm told the only fix is a new logic board for about $500 with labor.
Can buy a newer faster refurb for that much, but a new Mac Mini for even less.
Would love to just get a new iBook but money is tight right now.

Haven't tried the firewire port because I don't have a firewire device. But
if it works, can I hook a Mini up to the iBook via firewire and use the iBook
monitor? Actually the iBook works just fine except I cannot print, connect my
camera, or anything else usb. All I need is a usb port. So I would only need
to hook up the Mini to use it's usb port. Can anyone think of a cheaper
solution to get a working usb port? Thanks.

Listmom is trying to clean out his closets! Vintage Mac and random stuff:

http://mail.yahoo.com