[iBook] Bluetooth or wireless mouse for ibook

Charles Pearce charlesp at ksu.edu
Mon Aug 15 09:50:37 PDT 2005

On Aug 9, 2005, at 12:39 PM, David/Jeanie Lyle wrote:

> I'm a 50 yr. old "empty nest" Mom who returned to school for a 2nd
> degree
> last year and a friend convinced me to switch to Mac for my
> laptop.  We
> ordered an iBook G4.  I'm still learning the ropes; haven't even
> begun to
> explore the possibilities beyond simple email and word processing.
> I do,
> however, appreciate not battling viruses, spyware, etc. I have the
> Apple
> bluetooth mouse and keyboard but really do still miss the
> advantages of a
> right & left clicking mouse.  I have a wireless Logitech that I use
> with my
> desktop Dell but I've read mixed reviews about compatibility issues
> with
> iBook.  I don't need anything fancy...just the basics...but I want
> ease of
> use, comfort, dependability.  Suggestions from those of you who are
> experienced?  I have the bluetooth option.
> mommastudent

I'm not using it with my iBook, but I have a MicroSoft wireless
optical mouse that works fine with my desktop Mac. It has two buttons
and a scroll wheel, both of which work fine with all the apps running
in Tiger. Right button works the same as "Control-click" and brings
up contextual menus and the like. Since going to two-buttons, I now
miss that capability when going to a one-button mouse (never thought
I would say that). No drivers to install or anything. I just plugged
in the receiver in a USB port, put batteries in the thing, and away
it went.

Has anyone on this list investigated the new Apple "Mighty Mouse"?

Charles Pearce
(charlesp at ksu.edu)