[iBook] 'shadows' on LCD after wake from sleep

arouet at winternet.com arouet at winternet.com
Wed Aug 17 12:13:00 PDT 2005

I'm noticing something weird on the screen when my iBook G4 800 wakes from
sleep. If anyone has experienced this or knows what might be up, I'm all
ears.

When the iBook awakes, there's a darker "shadow" area that radiates over
the pixels from the bottom center edge of the screen, centered above the
spot where it says "iBook G4" on the plastic frame. It's sort of a grey
color, and it spreads out in a half-circle over maybe a third of the total
screen area down there. It immediately starts to fade after a few seconds,
moving back and down towards the bottom where it was centered. It seems to
be mostly gone after a minute or two, though I feel as though I can detect
a slight hint of it thereafter (not sure about that, though).

I don't recall seeing anything like this in the past. Any ideas as to what
it might be?

--

/  dave  /