[iBook] Living large

Luypaert, Johan (Johan) jluypaert at lucent.com
Wed Dec 28 07:56:08 PST 2005

hi,

i would advise to use screenspanning doctor and clamshell feature, all the output goes to the external screen and you can use a resolution higher than 1024x768. if you don't use clamshell mode and use mirror than you get exactly what you describe, 1024x768 on ibook and 1024x768 on external screen with huge black borders. or use spanning, you use the ibook screen (with your dock and system bar) plus the extra screen (speaking of screen real estate!). you can choose between these in the display options once screenspanning doctor is installed.

hope this makes sense :)

johan

ps generally when using clamshell mode the ibook will be closed, once you get output on the external display you can open the ibook and leave it open, the ibook screen should be unused. this to get better cooling through the keyboard.