[iBook] cd burner

Fred Stevens K2FRD k2frd at mac.com
Thu Dec 29 16:37:09 PST 2005

It's an EZQuest Boa CD-RW burner made by EZQuest Inc. I found it online through a Google and ordered it from maybe MacMall or Mac Warehouse - It's been seven or eight months, so I'm not sure from whom. It's a Firewire drive, my first and I'm pretty happy with it. It burns CDs maybe ten to twenty times faster than the old internal drive with a lot more flexibility using Toast than the Mac burn software (e.g., can burn for an old PowerBook 1400 I use for old floppies). The only problem I've had with it is my updated DiskWarrior CD (needed for Tiger 10.4.x, both obtained in late spring) isn't recognized by my Mac when I put it in the Boa drive, but since my internal CD drive still reads (just won't burn), I use the DW CD in my internal drive.

EZQuest Inc website: http://www.ezq.com (mine is under Optical Drives).

Good luck!

Fred

--