[iBook] iBook 700Mhz OS X 10.3.0 Garbled Video

Rob Perkins robhtp at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 2 19:55:38 PST 2005

Has anyone had a problem with their iBook when
installing Panther ?

I got this iBook 700 16 VRAM used from ebay . it had
Jaguar 10.2.8 installed , everything was fine until I
did a clean install of Panther from my Retail copy OS
10.3.0 discs . As soon as I got booted to the CD-ROM
the video went crazy and was displaying weird colors
and bars and was all garbled up.  I managed to get it
installed , but after I did the System update to
version 10.3.7 everything went back to normal and has
been working fine ever since .  I assume these iBooks
have a issue with Version 10.3.0 ?  .  I just would
like to know if anyone has seen this happen ?  I saw
there is a logic board replacment program that covers
this model and I wanted to see if this might be a
problem with the board ?   I bought it used so I dont
really know if the previous owner had the logic board
replaced or not .

Cheers, Rob .......Thanks!!!