[iBook] iBook 700Mhz OS X 10.3.0 Garbled Video

Kathi Anderson kathialexis at cox.net
Wed Feb 2 21:15:43 PST 2005

> Has anyone had a problem with their iBook when
> installing Panther ?
>
> I got this iBook 700 16 VRAM used from ebay . it had
> Jaguar 10.2.8 installed , everything was fine until I
> did a clean install of Panther from my Retail copy OS
> 10.3.0 discs . As soon as I got booted to the CD-ROM
snip
Thanks for the heads up. I too bought a 500 dual USB iBook on ebay without
any disks and recently bought Panther from Apple and hadn't gotten around to
installing it yet. The iBook has 10.3.4 on it now and it doesn't have any
problems. It was really slow, but after I upgraded the ram to 640 mgs, it
moves along just fine.
So, as I understand you, The new Panther needs to be upgraded to 10.7 from
the Apple site right after I install it?

Thanks, Kathi