[iBook] ibook or powerbook

Tom Legare Tom.Legare at comcast.net
Fri Feb 4 03:46:33 PST 2005

> I would like to ask if anyone knows of a small light weight printer
that one could take
> with to a meeting or class that is compatible with the iBook?

Check out the HP 450cbi.  It comes with a battery (if you buy the right
package) and runs off the battery or AC adaptor.  The quality of the
output is fantastic in both black and color and it works fine with OS X
using USB or Windows using USB or parallel (cables are included).  The
only problem I've had with mine is that sometimes the paper feeding gets
jammed, especially if I fill the paper holder to capacity.

It does NOT have an optional scanner attachment like some other portable
printers.

However, the battery is top quality.  I've printed solidly for over half
and hour with no problems.  For only occassional printing, the battery
lasts me months.

Tom