[iBook] Hard drive problems

Tom Legare Tom.Legare at comcast.net
Sun Feb 6 15:32:14 PST 2005

In the "old days", i.e. more than 5 years ago, older hard drives might
suffer from "stiction", which was a sticky head after non-use.
Solution: bang it.  And then the drives would work fine.

I doubt that's your problem, but it would be curious to see that after
your next freeze, if a gentle nudge or tap to the hard drive made it
work again.

Tom