[iBook] iBook runs VERY hot

Samantha Cornell samantha at netresults.biz
Wed Feb 16 22:51:22 PST 2005

We recently converted my step-mother to Macs, and she has a G4 1Ghz 12"
iBook as well.  It does get "pleasantly warm", but certainly not
smoking hot.  You could use it quite comfortably on your lap for
expended periods of time.

In fact, I am sure that if it ever had gotten abnormally warm, she
would have called immediately...she does for everything else:)

I'd take it to an Apple Store, or an Apple repair shop to have them
evaluate the heat level.  It may be wise to bring it in while it is
hot...so they don't boot it, feel it 5 minutes later, and declare it
acceptable.

Good luck, and keep us posted!

Sam