[iBook] CD (only) tray loading drive for ibook 500

Alex Santos 100MB Neostrada Mail izabella.misiewiczsantos at neostrada.pl
Mon Jan 17 17:42:49 PST 2005

Hi does anyone know the drive I should get for my ibook (dual usb)?

The one currently installed may be dead.

I want to get one which would be exactly the same as the factory
installed one but it doesn't have to be apple branded. What brand/model
USB did Apple use in the ibook 500 (dual usb)?

Thanks

PS I want these specs as I want to mount the cd plate back on to the
replacement drive and don't want to tamper with it much.

Alex