[iBook] replacement drive for dual usb ibook 500

Andy McMullin Andy.McMullin at mac.com
Wed Jan 19 03:17:26 PST 2005

Hi Alex,

I'm not sure of the full details but the one in mine was manufactured by
Hitachi-LG Data Storage Inc. and had a model number of CRN-8245B. The same
drive is used in a number of portables (not just Apple) and variations are
manufactured by a number of suppliers.

A search on Google found a few suppliers -- but I don't know where you are
or which ones would therefore be best for you.

I hope this helps.

Regards
Andy, G8TQH
http://www.rickham.net/